The Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers (QPAT) is seeking applications for a position of in-house lawyer on the professional staff. Appointment will be effective July 1st, 2017.
The position involves:
- Litigation (grievance arbitration/CNESST/TAT)
- Advising the QPAT Executive Committee, Board of Directors and local unions
- Training union delegates, staff officers and presidents at the local level (collective agreement)
- Being a member of the labour relations’ team
- Member of the Barreau du Québec (or eligible)
- Bilingualism (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Analytical and research skills
- Capacity to work under pressure with short timeline
- Commitment to unionism
- Minimum of three years’ experience in labour relations and union work in the public sector
Salary is based on the current QPAT professional staff scale and will be determined according to experience. Standard benefits can be discussed during the interview process. The post is in the Association’s office in Kirkland and involves some travel, mostly in Quebec.
Please send your curriculum vitae to: Alan Lombard, Executive Director, Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers, 17035 Brunswick Boulevard, Suite 1, Kirkland (Quebec) H9H 5G6
All applications must be received by Tuesday, April 18, 2017.