Do you have an amazing project that you would like to share with your peers? QPAT is proud to celebrate teachers and the endeavours of their students. Pacifism, Equality, Ecology, Solidarity, and Democracy are issues that help build our students into conscious adults for the future. Share your project here.
Project Overseas sponsored jointly by the Canadian Teachers’ Federation and the Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers
Every year, CTF needs English and French-speaking Canadian teachers who are interested in volunteering during July and August to offer in-services in a wide range of subjects and levels in various developing countries.
Each year about 50 Canadian teachers are chosen to volunteer on CTF’s Project Overseas (PO). On PO, Canadian teachers give their time and talent to offer professional development in-service programs in partnership with teacher organizations in developing countries. Based on requests from CTF’s partners overseas, teams of Canadian teachers are formed in January and in-service programs take place in July and August.
CTF application requirements:
- Be a member of a provincial or territorial teacher organization that supports PO;
- Hold a valid teacher’s certificate;
- Have completed at least five years of teaching in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be in excellent health and able to work in developing country conditions;
- Show evidence of flexibility, mature judgment and a strong willingness to put the team and project needs above personal needs;
- At the time of application, hold a Canadian passport valid (or provide proof that a passport application has been made).
PO is a volunteer experience. Administrative, travel and living expenses are borne by CTF, provincial and territorial teachers’ organizations (which are CTF members). No salaries or honoraria are paid to participants in PO and the costs associated with substitute teachers or release time during the placement, where applicable, are not covered.
Application forms and further information are available from the CTF website:
or from Susan Reid at: 514-694-9777 (1-800-361-9870), ext. 230
Applications must be submitted to QPAT, 17035 Brunswick Boulevard, Kirkland, Quebec H9H 5G6 no later than November (for the following year).