Nominations are invited for the following position on the QPAT Executive for the remainder of the 2021-2023 mandate (to June 30, 2023):
Each nomination must be signed by at least fifteen (15) active members drawn from at least two (2) locals of QPAT, accompanied by the curriculum vitae of the nominee and his/ her consent in writing. Please ensure that nominators print as well as sign their name.
Nomination forms are available by e-mail from Susan Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org. These forms are not required by the by-laws and are provided only as a convenience.
Nominations should be addressed to: The Nominations Committee, c/o QPAT, 17035 Brunswick Blvd., Kirkland, (Quebec) H9H 5G6. The deadline for receipt of nominations is September 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Qualifications of Executive Members and Description of Duties
Executive members shall be elected for a period of two (2) years. All the candidates to be officers must be members in good standing of a local union of the Association.
All the candidates to be officers must have served as a union representative/delegate of a QPAT local union, or as a member of the Executive, or a former member of the professional staff of QPAT or a local union for at least one (1) full year within the five years preceding his/her candidacy.
The Executive shall meet when required in order to:
• prepare the agendas for meetings of the Board of Directors and the Provincial Council, such agendas to be sent to the members of these bodies at a reasonable time prior to their meetings;
• carry on the business of the Association between meetings of the Board of Directors;
• act as the staffing committee of the Association. Each Executive Member shall:
• discharge the duties associated with his or her office;
• attend meetings of the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, the Provincial Council and other meetings of the Association.