Volunteer for Project Overseas with CTF!
The CTF needs English and French-speaking Canadian teachers at the elementary, and secondary levels who are interested in volunteering their time and talents to offer professional development in-service programs in partnership with teacher organizations in developing countries. Each year, over 50 Canadian teachers are chosen to volunteer on CTF’s Project Overseas in countries throughout Africa and the Caribbean. Teams of Canadian teachers are formed in January and in-service projects take place in July.
Application criteria include:
• be a Canadian citizen;
• hold a Canadian passport valid until at least July 2020, at the time of application (Proof that a passport application has been made will be accepted.);
• be a member of a provincial or territorial teacher organization that supports PO;
• hold a valid teacher’s certificate;
• have completed at least five years of teaching in Canada by July 2019;
• be in excellent health and able to work in developing country conditions;
• have high standards of professionalism and personal conduct;
• show evidence of flexibility and mature judgment;
• be willing to put the team and project needs above personal needs.
PO is a volunteer experience. Administrative, travel, and living expenses are borne by CTF and provincial and territorial teachers’ organizations that are CTF members. No salaries or honoraria are paid to participants in PO, sponsors do not cover costs associated with substitute teachers or release time, and no family or friends are permitted during pre-departure orientation or overseas programs.
Application forms and additional information are available from:
Melissa Noel at email@example.com.
Please submit applications to QPAT by mail, fax or e-mail by November 23, 2018 at the latest.
QPAT, 17035 Brunswick Boulevard, Kirkland, Quebec H9H 5G6 Fax: (514) 694-0189