Did you know that, in a spring 2018 survey of QPAT members
- 56% of respondents said they had been victims of at least one incident involving physical and/or psychological violence (including cyberbullying) in the previous two years.
- 47% of the incidents were perpetrated by students and 33% by parents.
- More than 70% of respondents said they did not always report incidents involving violence because:
- — they felt they were able to manage them
- — incidents such as these are an inherent part of teaching and in any case, they are not taken seriously by the administration
- — they are afraid of professional repercussions
- 84% of respondents described violence against teachers as “worrying”.Violence is not trivial and must be taken seriously by everyone concerned. According to CNESST statistics from 2015,2 teachers are ranked second, after health sector workers, in the list of groups most at risk. Teachers have the right to a safe workplace!