The CTF/FCE is seeking English and French-speaking Canadian teachers at the elementary and secondary levels who are interested in volunteering their time and talents to offer professional development in-service programs in partnership with teacher organizations in developing countries. Each year, over 50 Canadian teachers are chosen to volunteer on CTF/FCE’s PO in countries throughout Africa and the Caribbean. The PO in-service projects take place in July.
All candidates must:
• be a Canadian citizen;
• hold a Canadian passport valid until at least July 2024 at the time of application (proof that a passport application has
been made will be accepted);
• be a member of a provincial or territorial teacher organization that supports PO;
• hold a valid teaching certificate;
• have completed at least five years of teaching in Canada by July 2023;
• be in excellent health and be able to work in developing country conditions;
• have high standards of professionalism and personal conduct;
• show evidence of flexibility and mature judgment;
• be willing to put the team and project needs above personal needs.
PO is a volunteer experience. Administrative, travel, and living expenses are covered by the CTF/FCE and its Member Organizations. No salaries or honoraria are paid to PO participants. No family or friends are permitted to accompany the PO participants during pre-departure orientation or overseas programs.
Application forms and additional information are available from: qpat-apeq.qc.ca
or by email: Susan Reid (email@example.com)
Applications must be submitted to QPAT by December 19, 2022 at the latest.